Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm Back....Hopefully!!

So here's the deal....I'm pregnant and haven't been feeling so hot lately. To get into the kitchen and actually cook has been nearly impossible. Nothing sounds good to me, I get ideas, start to get the ingredients out, and my stomach decides it all sounds horrible and I should stick to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Don't get me wrong, I am more than thrilled to feel not so great for our little bundle, but it is frustrating when you love cooking so much and simply can't do it anymore due to lack of energy and the fact that everything sounds terrible. I decided that tonight I was going to make dinner again and took an hour long nap to prep for it. :) I was craving a turkey burger and found this recipe online, it was the first website that popped up so I figured I'd give it a try. I also made baked potatoes and asparagus. I highly suggest you give this recipe a try.

Greek Burgers

Greek Burgers Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 1/3  pounds  ground turkey breast
  • 1  (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/4  cup  finely chopped red onion
  • 1  teaspoon  dried oregano
  • 1  teaspoon  lemon zest
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • Vegetable cooking spray
  • 1/2  cup  grated English cucumber
  • 1  (6-oz.) container fat-free Greek yogurt
  • 1  tablespoon  chopped fresh mint
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • 4  French hamburger buns, split and toasted
  • Toppings: lettuce leaves, tomato slices, thinly sliced cucumber
  • Garnish: pepperoncini salad peppers

Preparation

1. Stir together first 6 ingredients. Shape mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
3. Stir together cucumber, yogurt, mint, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Serve burgers on buns with cucumber sauce and desired toppings. Garnish, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment