Friday, April 27, 2012

Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

My dear friend, Kari, was sweet enough to share this recipe with me. I made these delicious cupcakes for my coworker's birthday as well. They are very light and fluffy and taste so much like banana bread. I plan to make them again for Izzy's Sock Monkey birthday party since our little monkey loves bananas. However, I am going to make a brown glaze and make a monkey face out of Vanilla wafers. Thank you Kari for sharing your tasty recipe! Thankfully I only have to wait a few more weeks before I get to have them again. :)
Banana Cupcakes
Recipe from my dear friend Kari
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 nanners)
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
 
* Mix liquid ingredients first. Then add dry ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
 
After they are cool, I add this to the top of them. You can add nuts if you want. I have added chocolate chips to them and they were delish!
 
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 (8oz) cream cheese
1 stick of butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
(1/3 cup nuts optional)
 
*Mix cream cheese and butter until creamy.  Add sugar and vanilla. (Use milk instead to create a creamier texture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment