Sunday, April 25, 2010

Greek Stuffed Chicken

My brother came over for a BBQ last weekend and gave us a great recipe for stuffed chicken. It was delicious and I highly recommend it! I am normally a little weird about eating chicken, but this made it better since you pound it thin and add flavorful stuffing to make it taste delicious. It is grilling season, so try this one out, it seems to be healthy too!

Greek Stuffed Chicken
Recipe compliments of my brother Tom
6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1/2 cup of sundried tomato (drained)
1 pkg. spinach
1 c. feta cheese
4 green onions
1/4 cup greek olives chopped (I used kalamata olives)
1 garlic clove
Salt and pepper to taste
Greek seasoning

1. Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet to about 1/8 inch thickness.
2. Combine all of the other ingredients in a bowl. I chose to put the ingredients in my food processor to fully chop and blend all the ingredients together. 
3. Cover the flattened chicken breasts with the greek ingredients and roll the chicken breasts to make a pinwheel and place toothpicks in to keep the chicken in place.

4. Wrap each chicken breast in tinfoil and grill until the chicken is cooked through. If you'd prefer to not grill the chicken, you can place them on a cookie sheet and bake them for 40 minutes. No need to use tinfoil if you are putting them in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment