Saturday, April 10, 2010

Grilled Dakotas.....or Fajitas!

So I text my friend to tell her that when her and her family came for a BBQ at our house that we would have grilled fajitas; however, my phone has the T9 feature and decide to take a guess at what I was trying to say and changed it to grilled "dakotas." She knows that I like to try new recipes, so she wasn't sure if this was some sort of food she hadn't heard of, but turns out my phone outsmarted me! I guess I rely on the auto correct feature a little too much and forget to read over my text before sending them out. Oops! At any rate, the grilled dakotas or fajitas, whichever you prefer, turned out to be pretty tasty. When we were in Australia, my sister-in-law made us some grilled fajitas with a lime marinade, so I tried my own mix to make a lime marinade. I don't have exact portions, as I just added a dash here and there of each ingredient, but just taste it as you go and see what you think!


Grilled Chicken Fajita Marinade Ingredients
1 lb. chicken breast cut into strips
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
The juice of 4 limes (roughly)
Ground Cumin
Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cup of beer
Olive oil (since I added beer, I didn't use a ton of olive oil)
Salt and pepper
minced garlic

Other Ingredients:
1 red pepper cut into strips
1 green pepper cut into strips
1 onion cut into strips
2 zucchinis cut into strips
tortilla shells (we grilled ours to warm them)
Whatever toppings you desire (sour cream, avocado, cheese, salsa, etc.)

Whisk the ingredients together and add the chicken, let it marinade for about a half hour-an hour before grilling. Grill the marinaded chicken and the peppers and onions together. Put them in your tortillas, add toppings, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful, as always! Sally loved the seasoning on the Chicken! Thank you again for a great meal and a fun time!

    ReplyDelete