Sunday, December 26, 2010

There is something about tater tot hotdish that makes it the ultimate winter comfort food. It also sounded tasty to this pregnant girl, so off to the store I went. I'm pretty sure after all of the food I consumed this weekend, I didn't need a dish like this, but it was tasty!
Tater Tot Hotdish
1 lb. ground beefed-browned and drained
1 frozen bag of tater tots
1/2 bag of frozen corn
1/2 bag of frozen peas (or whatever vegetable you'd prefer)
1 can of cream of celery soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup


Brown the ground beef (next time I might try ground turkey for a healthier alternative) and drain excess fat. On the bottom of a 9X13 pan, put a layer of veggies. Then, place the browned ground beef on top of the veggies. Mix the soups together with a little water to dilute them a little, then pour the soup mixture over the top of the meat and put a layer of tater tots on top. Cook at 350 for and hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment