Monday, February 21, 2011

Caprese Pasta Salad

So Pat requested pasta for dinner, for whatever reason, pasta is not my favorite dish. However, I had just gone to the grocery store and picked up some fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes to make a caprese salad, which I love. I decided to combine the two to make both of us happy! I didn't use a recipe for this, just threw some ingredients together. It turned out to be a delicious meal! I even served it with a side of caprese salad. 
 
Caprese Salad
Spaghetti noodles-cooked until el dente

4 roma tomatoes-cut into cubes
1 mozzarella ball-cut into cubes
Fresh basil leaves-chopped and diced
minced garlic-as much as your heart desires
**Combine above three ingredients with olive oil and a few dashes of salt, pepper, and baslamic vinegar, let sit for an hour for the best taste. **

Combine spaghetti noodles with remaining ingredients, mix together, and let sit for at least twenty minutes before serving for full flavor. I served it right away, but it was much better today after the olive oil mixture was able to soak into the noodles and give it even more flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment