Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lemon Poppyseed Shortbread

While going through my cookbooks the other day for new recipes, I stumbled upon this recipe from my William Senoma Baking Cookbook (thank you Kathryn!). It sounded delicious and trust me, it tasted delicious. The best part, it had very few ingredients and was super easy to make. We polished this off in two days!! I plan to make another one this week before my other lemon goes bad. It combines my two favorite things, shortbread and lemon poppyseed! I suggest you give this a try!


Lemon Poppyseed Shortbread
Recipe Compliments of William Senoma Baking Cookbook
  • ½ cup unsalted butter plus 3 Tbsp
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp lemon zest
  • 1½ cup flour plus 2 Tbsp
  • 2 Tbsp poppy-seeds
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1. Preheat the oven to 325. Have ready a 9" cake or pie pan.
  • 2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until creamy. Add the flour, poppy-seeds, and salt and beat on low speed until the dough comes together and is smooth.
  • 3. Press the dough evenly into the pan. Lightly prick the surface all over with a fork. Using a sharp knife, make shallow cuts halfway through the dough to mark 12 equal wedges. Bake until firm and barely golden around the edges, 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Carefully invert the shortbread onto a plate, then invert again onto a cutting board. Cut into wedges, using the marks to guide you, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment