Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tomato Feta Salad

In honor our of friend, Chase, visiting we decided to have a BBQ at our house with our friends. I wanted to try out some new recipes from cookbooks that I had almost forgotten about! The Internet makes it too easy to search and discover new recipes and leaves your cookbooks feeling neglected and full of dust on your bookshelf. I decided to take a look through cookbooks that I had today and find some good recipes to try out, this is one of them. It is from the Barefoot Contessa Home Cookbook that I received one year for Christmas from my friend Joe, thanks Joe! I plan to make the macaroni and cheese sometime soon in honor of you. :) The only mistake I made was getting to anxious to mix everything together and forgetting about folding in the feta cheese. It still tasted great, but I failed in presentation. This is a light salad that would be good anytime, don't judge this recipe by my picture. Enjoy!


Tomato Feta Salad
Recipe Compliments of Barefoot Contessa Home Cookbook

Ingredients

  • 4 pints grape tomatoes, red or mixed colors
  • 1 1/2 cups small-diced red onion (2 onions)
  • 1/4 cup good white wine vinegar
  • 6 tablespoons good olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
  • 1 1/2 pounds feta cheese

Directions

Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl. Add the onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley and toss well. Dice the feta in 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes, crumbling it as little as possible. Gently fold it into the salad and serve at room temperature.

1 comment: