Friday, June 18, 2010

I ♥ Burritos!

I don't like to eat fast food, unless of course we are talking about a Blizzard or McFlurry, or even a Large Diet Coke; however, I ♥ Chipotle. Thankfully I don't eat it often, if I am lucky once a month, but usually once every few months. We were making tacos for dinner because I had defrosted some ground turkey and I found this amazing recipe for Cilantro-Lime Rice from Annie Eats and thankfully she inspired me to make my own burrito bowl for dinner. This is a nice change for your same old tacos and is much healthier and cheaper than the alternative! It was delicious and so easy! The only thing that I had to make extra was the rice and that cooked while I prepared everything else. I served the rice with black beans, ground turkey, tomatoes, cheese, and homemade salsa. YUM! Try this, you'll love it I promise!! (Joe this one is for you, it has cilantro in it! :) )

Cilantro Lime Rice
Compliments of Annie Eats
Ingredients:
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
½ tsp. salt
½ cup fresh cilantro
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped

Directions:
Combine the rice, 2 cups water and salt in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat.  Bring to a boil, stir briefly, cover and reduce the heat to low.  Let cook, covered, until the water is absorbed and rice is fluffy and tender, 16-18 minutes.  (Cooking time can vary depending on the brand of rice.  Check the package directions.)

While the rice is cooking, combine the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic and 2 tablespoons water in a blender or food processor.  Blend until smooth.  Stir the mixture into the cooked rice and fluff with a fork.

Homemade Salsa (My throw in whatever recipe)
3 tomatoes, cut into four pieces
3 cloves of garlic
A generous handful of cilantro
Lime juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
Jalapenos (as many as you'd like)
Cholula sauce- a few dashes

Mix all the above ingredients in a food processor. Blend until everything is chopped and fully incorporated. Enjoy, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment