Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bruschetta

I am so sorry for my laziness with blogging lately, I am switching jobs and the transitiona and goodbyes has been a little too much for me. I haven't been cooking anything blog worthy or to be honest, we have been eating out a lot in the last two weeks since I am too tired to cook. I am sure now that it is summer, I will be cooking a lot more again, I apologize for the lack of posts.

Pat's parents came in town for Memorial weekend and we made some delicious meals together. We had grilled fajitas one night and had leftover grilled vegetable, so we decided to make a nice bruschetta with the leftovers. It turned out great and it was a great way to get rid of our leftovers.

Bruschetta
1 tomato chopped
1 clove of garlic 
Salt and Pepper to taste
A few sprinkles of balsamic vinegar
chopped leftover fajita vegetables (zucchinni, red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper)
1 ball of mozzarella cheese cut into small slices
1 baguette cut into slices

Mix all ingredients, except for mozzarella and baguette, in a bowl. Top each baguette piece with the vegetable mixture, then put a slice of mozzarella on top. Place in the oven, broil for a few minutes until the cheese has melted and the bread has started to toast. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment