Monday, August 9, 2010

Fresh Tomato Pizza and Tomato Salad

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, we were out of town at my cabin. We ate a bunch of delicious food while Up North, but I forgot to take pictures and write down the recipes. I did get a lot of new recipes from a cookbook my mom had at the cabin that I am excited to try, so stay tuned. After a long vacation and another cabin trip coming up, we didn't want to go to the grocery store unless absolutely necessary; however, we came home to find that our tomatoes had finally started to turn red! We will be eating tomato dishes galore this week, I can't wait. My wonderful husband made dinner tonight and came up with a delcious combination using our tomatoes, both black krim and beefsteak.



Flatbread Tomato Pizza
minced garlic
chopped basil
*Saute with a little olive oil*
flatbread pizza
crumbled goat cheese
tomatoes
red wine vinegar
*Combine all ingredients on the flatbread pizza. Bake for 15 minutes.

Tomato Salad
Fresh heriloom tomatoes
chopped basil
chopped mint
parmesan cheese
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment