Sunday, August 29, 2010

Green Beans with Red Onions and Feta Dressing

I was so excited, my friend and former coworker got me an amazing new cookbook for my birthday. Not only is it a cookbook, it is a Trader Joe's cookbook! Every ingredient can be found at Trader Joe's. She knows how much I love TJ's and am a frequent visitor, so she had to get the cookbook. Thank you Kari, there are so many recipes that I can't wait to try! You will have to come over for dinner and I will make you a recipe from the book!
 
Green Beans with Red Onions and Feta Dressing
16 oz of fresh (not frozen) green beans, cleaned, stemmed, and steamed
1/2 of a red onion sliced

Dressing:
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1 T. Lemon Juice
3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Freshly ground pepper

Directions:
1. Steam the green beans (I bought a bag of green beans, simply stabbed the bag with a fork and cooked it in the microwave for three minutes.)

2. Place the green beans on a serving platter, sprinkle with red onions.

3. Whisk together the dressing, it will be thick due to the feta. 

4. Drizzle the dressing on top of the green beans, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment