Sunday, August 15, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cookies...YUM!

Okay, truth be told, I didn't get a picture of these yummy cookies because we ate them all too fast. I brought them to our friend's cabin this weekend and I didn't even make it in the door before we were already "testing" them out. I got this recipe from Cabin Cookbook, a cookbook that my mom had at the cabin. Give these a try, you won't be disappointed.


Snickerdoodle Cookies
1 cup soft shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix the shortening, sugar, and eggs. Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt into the shortening mixture. Chill.

Mix 3 T sugar and 3 t cinnamon together in a bowl. Form balls with the dough and roll them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes, cookies should be lightly browned, but soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment