Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blueberry Banana Bread

I have a slight obsession with banana bread. I decided to use my banana bread recipe and add a twist, fresh blueberries. It was delicious. I suggest you give it a try. Our blueberries were starting to wrinkle, so we threw them in the freezer with our brown bananas to save for a day of baking. With this cool fall weather we are already having, I decided it would be the perfect day to turn on the oven and bake. It was a nice treat for breakfast this morning.

Blueberry Banana Bread
1 1/2 medium sized bananas (as ripe as possible)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup soft margarine
2 T. milk (I used soy milk)
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp soda
1 cup blueberries

Mash bananas, set aside. Blend sugar and margarine in bowl until smooth, add egg, beat until smooth. Add milk and banana blend until smooth. Add dry ingredients into banana mixture until well blended. Grease/flour loaf pan. Fold blueberries into the batter. Pour batter evenly into pan. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment