Monday, September 6, 2010

General Tsao Chicken Wraps--YUM

 Another great recipe from my Trader Joe's Cookbook (thanks Kari)! I wanted a quick and easy meal for tonight that I could use for my lunch tomorrow too, this was perfect. I used romaine hearts to make the "wraps" for dinner, but decided to put the ingredients (including the romaine hearts) into a pita for lunch tomorrow to make it less messy. The Trader Joe's General Tsao stir-fry sauce is so good!
General Tsao Chicken Wraps
1 T. Canola oil
1/2 lb boneless chicken breast (I used 2 breasts)
about 1/4 cup Trader Joe's General Tsao Stir-Fry Sauce
1/2 (10oz.) bag shredded carrots
1 head large, sturdy lettuce, like romaine

In a saute pan, heat oil and chicken over medium-high heat until cooked. With a knife or a food processor, chop cooked chicken finely. (I used the food processor). Stir in General Tsao sauce so it is a moist mixture, not too runny. Add shredded chicken and carrots and bundle into lettuce leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment