Friday, July 1, 2011

Baptism Egg Bake

Isabelle's baptism went really well and the food turned out perfectly! My coworker gave me her recipe for an egg bake, which was great, but I of course, wanted to try to add my own personal touch on it and added some more spices, it was very tasty! There is only one piece left and I made a large pan, so I'll see if I remember to take a picture and add it to this post before I eat it!

Julie's Egg Bake with Tiffany's Twist
~serves 8-10
Ingredients:
    -8 slices of bread, diced
    -1 pound Jimmy Dean sausage, brown and broken up
    -2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ( I used sharp cheddar)
    -1 small can slice mushrooms, drained (I diced them up)
    -1 dozen eggs
    *-1 can cream of mushroom soup
    *-1 cup milk
    *-1 tsp. yellow mustard
Spices I added:
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
(you could use garlic salt and skip the kosher salt and garlic powder if you'd like too, it tastes just as good)


Beat eggs until foamy, add soup mixture (*) and mushrooms.  Layer bread, sausage and cheese in 9x13 pan. Pour egg mixture over. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake @350 for 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 min.

1 comment:

  1. Making this egg bake for company this weekend. What kind of bread did you use?

    ReplyDelete