Monday, July 4, 2011

S'mores on a stick



My coworker was telling me how her friend made these and she was making them for the fourth of July. I thought it was a cute idea and couldn't wait to make them. Our friend invited us over for a BBQ for the fourth and I decided to make them with a twist. In my family, our s'mores consist of Graham crackers, marshmallow, and a Reese peanut butter cup, so I had to bring peanut butter into the mix.

S'mores on a Stick with a twist of peanut butter or mint
1 bag of large marshmallows
1 bag of chocolate chips
1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
1 pack of graham crackers
1 cup peanut butter chips (or Andes mint chips)
1pkg. Lollipop sticks

Directions:
Put the marshmallows on a stick to start. Then, crush the Graham crackers. I put mine in our mini food processor to make it easier and faster. Then, I put the crushed Graham crackers in two different bowls. I put the peanut butter chips into the food processor and finely chopped them. I did the same with the Andes mint chips. I added the chopped peanut butter chips into one of the Graham crackers bowl and the Ande mint chips into the other. I them used a double boiler to melt the chocolate chips with the vegetable oil (to help thin the chocolate out) and dipped the marshmallows in the chocolate until covered, then rolled them into one of the Graham cracker crumbs. Let harden and cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment