Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Taco Pasta Salad

Thanks to my wonderful parents, I have a great cookbook full of wonderfully easy recipes. When I went to Florida, my parents gave me Paula Deen's Quick and Easy Meals. There are so many great recipes in this book and you'll see a few throughout this week. Thanks Mom and Dad! I love Mexican food so I was very excited when I saw this recipe, even if it was in the Cooking for Kids section. :)This pasta was very refreshing and so easy to make. When I make it next time, I think I will add some green chilies or a some chopped jalapenos to give it just a little extra kick.

Ingredients:
2 cups mini bow tie pasta, cooked and cooled to room temperature
1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained, and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup prepared salsa
2 Tbls. chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix

In a large bowl, combine pasta, black beans, corn, cheese, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and taco seasoning. Serve immediately or chill salad until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment