Sunday, February 21, 2010

White Pizza with Roasted Mushrooms

This recipe is to die for, seriously! It has so much flavor and is so simple to make, this has become our household favorite. We are trying to be better about what we eat because we love to snack and eat whatever, so when I saw this recipe in my new favorite cookbook, Cook Yourself Thin Faster, I knew it was too good to be true. The recipe calls for store bought pizza dough, but I chose to use Target's premade flatbread pizza instead. It was delicious! If there is one recipe that you try from this blog, I'd suggest this one! I can't wait to try out more of these recipes, so far they all seem to be very good, plus an added bonus that they aren't bad for you too!

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
1/2 pound store-bought pizza dough (I used Target's flatbread pizza)
1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
3 Tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano Cheese (I used just Romano, as I had it on hand)
Freshly ground pepper
5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
1/4 teaspoon fresh sage, thinly sliced into ribbons
Pinch of Salt

1. Preheat the oven to 450. Oil a 17X11 inch rimmed baking pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.

2. Stretch the dough directly onto the baking pan, pressing and gently stretching to fill as much of the pan as possible. (It will not fill the entire pan.) Brush with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over the surface of the dough. (I was able to skip this step since I used premade flatbread pizza)

3. Spread the ricotta cheese over the pizza. Sprinkle the ricotta with the Pecorino and pepper.

4. Tear the mushroom caps into small pieces and place in a small bowl. Toss with remaining tablespoons of olive oil, the sage, pinch of salt, and pepper. Scatter the mushrooms over the top of the cheese.

5. Place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the crust is fully baked, and transfer to a cooling rack. Cut into slices (kitchen scissors work best) and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment