Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthdays and Bake Sales!

We celebrated my nephew, George's, birthday yesterday, along with my mom's as well. George loves Legos and requested a lego cake, so I found a fun and easy recipe for a Lego Cake on Betty Crocker's website to help me make his cake. It turned out better than expected! I do need to invest in a bent icing knife to help make my icing look a little neater, but George didn't mind if the surface wasn't perfectly smooth!

This Lenten season at my school we are selling "Juiceboxes for Jesus" and we are having a bake sale. Every week a different grade is responsible for baking goods to sell for the week. All of our profit is going to the Haiti Outreach program. My class, along with sixth grade, is in charge this week so I decide to make some things to sell. I found a cute recipe for Teddy Bear cookies on a stick ( I used sugar cookie dough instead of peanut butter due to peanut allergies at school) and my sister gave me a few recipes and on one of the pages was a recipe for popcorn balls.  Hopefully the kids like them and buy them all so I don't end up eating them myself! :)


Popcorn Balls
6 T. butter
1 cup brown sugar
26 big marshmallows
Popcorn

Mix the butter, brown sugar, and marshmallows until it is smooth and well blended.
Add the popcorn and stir to coat. I also added M&Ms to the mixture. Then the popcorn mixture into balls. Super easy, super good!

2 comments:

  1. Please tell us a bit about the Haiti outreach program. Is it the group at www.givehaitihope.org ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Haiti Outreach program is based out of Minneapolis. Their website is: http://www.haitioutreach.org/

    They are a great organization that are doing a lot for the people in Haiti even before the Earthquake. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete