Sunday, March 21, 2010

Coconut Chicken Strip Salad

I normally don't like coconut, I never have. In fact, when I turned 5, my grandmother baked me a homemade coconut cake for my birthday. She was so sweet to do so, but didn't realize I really did not like coconut. My mom had me choke it down to be polite, that may have been the first time I didn't eat all of my cake! When I saw this recipe, I was a little hesitant given my bad past with coconut, but it sounded good at the time. I am glad I did because the flavor was good and there was only a hint of a coconut taste to it. This recipe was just for coconut chicken strips, but I chose to put it over a salad and serve it with a Dijon mustard vinaigrette that I made and mango salsa, yum!

Coconut Chicken Strips
From Cook Yourself Thin Faster
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 cup Corn Flakes Cereal Crushed
1 Egg
1/2 cup coconut flakes

1. Crush the corn flakes and combine with the coconut flakes.
2. Dip the chicken breast in the egg, coat, then dip it in the cornflake/coconut mixture. Turn to coat evenly.
3. Place the chicken tenders on a baking sheet and cook for 8-12 minutes or until slightly brown at 350 in the oven.

I served these over a bed of lettuce with mango salsa, what combo will you come up with? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment