Monday, March 1, 2010

This Little Piggy went to the......

Who knew, but today is National Pig Day! No I do not follow all of the silly "holidays" that they have out there, but I was looking through a cookbook for a cute treat to bring into my class. They just tried out for our play on Friday and did a fantastic job, so I wanted to give them a treat. While as I was searching my cute cookbook that my mother-in-law gave me, I came across these adorable little pig cookies. And low and behold, it turns out that March 1st is National Pig Day. I had to make them right then and there. I realize some of you are probably laughing at me, but if you were a third grader teacher you'd understand. The excitement on their faces, the way they each went about eating them, and the new fact that they learned that March 1st is National Pig Day made it all worth my time and effort! We also read Charlotte's Web this year, so a few of them felt bad about eating "Wilbur". Take my job for a day and you'll understand, trust me! I will post the recipe later, as I don't have it on me, but I wanted to share the pictures. They turned out really cute and although they were slightly time consuming, it was worth it seeing the expression on my students' faces!


No comments:

Post a Comment