Monday, March 15, 2010

French Toast Bread Pudding

Another great and easy recipe from Cook Yourself Thin Faster. We made this for breakfast yesterday and I have to admit, I didn't fully follow the recipe. It says to refrigerate overnight, but I made it immediately. It still tasted great. We even added some frozen strawberries to it for extra flavor, it was delicious. A must try! I realize  I need to take better pictures, as the pictures never seem to do the dish justice! Trust me, it is good and I highly recommend putting strawberries or some type of fruit in it, even thought it already has mashed bananas, it gives it extra flavor!


French Toast Bread Pudding
Cooking Spray
4 c (about 8 slices) whole wheat bread
Cut into 1 inch cubes (put in your baking dish and set aside)

In bowl mix:
4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
Mix Well then add:
2 Large eggs (one at a time)
2 egg whites (one at a time)
¾ c lowfat milk
3 tbs pure maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange
(Mix well and pour over bread, refrigerate overnight)

1 tbs confectioners' sugar, for garnish
375ยบ let sit for 15 minutes after taking out of refrigerator, bake for 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment