Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kung Pao Chicken

Last night we had our good friends, Jackie and Reid (and Sally Girl), over for dinner! I gave them our menu for the week and told them to take their pick, they chose Kung Pao Chicken, good choice guys! My sister, Jenny, shared this recipe with me. It was delicious! It had really good flavor and was actually very simple to make. Sorry I didn't make more guys, I wish I would have doubled the recipe, or made a yummy dessert. Next time...:)








Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless chicken breast (cut into chunks)
1 T. cornstarch
2 T. oil
3 T. green onion
2 cloves garlic
1/4 to 1 1/2 t. crushed red pepper
1/4 to 1/2 t. ginger
4 T. wine vinegar
4 T. soy sauce
4 t. sugar
1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
4 c. rice (cooked)


Combine chicken and cornstarch to coat. Heat oil and stir fry until not pink (5-7 minute). Add onions, garlic, red pepper, and ginger. Stir fry 15 sec. and remove from heat. combine vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a bowl (my sister recommends doubling this combination). Stir well and add to the skillet. Stir in chicken, while heating. Stir in nuts right before serving.

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful and the perfect amount! Thank you again for having us over! Sally can't wait until she can eat some of your great food! And yes, dessert after Lent!

    ReplyDelete