Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fusilli with Pisatachio Pesto

Okay, so I didn't use fusilli pasta, I used penne, but I had to include the title since it wasn't my recipe. I got this recipe from Cooking Light. It was very good, but I think I overdid it on the pepper, so it was a little powerful. However, I love pepper so it was still tasty. 

Ingredients

  • 8  ounces  uncooked fusilli pasta
  • 2  cups  fresh basil leaves
  • 1/4  cup  shelled, roasted pistachios, divided
  • 1 1/2  tablespoons  extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • 2  garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4  cup  (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
  • 1  cup  grape tomatoes, halved
  • Lemon wedges (optional)

Preparation

1. Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta through a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Rinse pasta with cold water; drain.
2. Combine basil, 3 tablespoons pistachios, oil, salt, and garlic in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping sides. Transfer basil mixture to a large bowl; stir cheese and reserved 1/4 cup pasta water into basil mixture. Add pasta and tomatoes to basil mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon pistachios. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment