Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Just for the Kiddies....well, and me!

Do you love smores and easy "baking" with kids? Then, you will love this recipe that I came up with while nannying yesterday. It was hot out and the kids wanted to bake something and be inside, so this is what we came up with. They wanted Rice Krispie bars, but they didn't have enough Rice Krispies, so I found a box of Golden Grahams and thought, um....how about smore bars? They turned out to be really good! I am sure I am not the first person to think of this idea, but I was pretty proud of myself for thinking of something quick before resorting to chocolate chip cookies that we would end up eating half of the batter before making it to the actual cookies. Give this a try, super good! The pictures are terrible, I used my phone, sorry.
 
6 Cups Golden Grahams Cereal
4 cups mini marshmallows
3 T melted butter
1/2 cup or more of chocolate chips

*Melt the butter and marshmallows on the stove top or in the microwave. Stir until the marshmallows are melted. Pour on top of the cereal and mix together. At this point, you can add the chocolate chips or wait until you have them in a pan and sprinkle them on top. We chose to sprinkle them on top so they didn't melt in the hot marshmallow mess. Put in a ban and enjoy! Then, lick your fingers and the bowl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment