Sunday, July 4, 2010

Spinach Yogurt Dip with Walnuts

Looking for a guilt-free dip? This is it and it is full of flavor. I found this in my Rachel Ray Magazine and thought it sounded tasty. I am the person at a BBQ that hovers over the appetizers or the dips and eats so much that I can't eat the meat and meal portion, but this dip makes me feel okay with making dip my meal. It was easy to make. The only change I made that I didn't add the pomegranate juice at the end, as I didn't have any on hand. Give it a try, you'll eat it all!


Recipe Compliments of Rachel Ray Magazine

2-7oz. containers of Greek Yogurt (plain)
2 T Olive Oil
1 T chopped fresh dill (I cheated and used dried)
2 chopped garlic cloves
1/2 t. salt
A dash of pepper
****Whisk the above ingredients together in a large bowl****

1-10oz. frozen spinach (cooked and squeezed dry)
***Stir the cooked, dried spinach into the yogurt mixture above***

Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. I also added a little honey to make it sweeter and take away the tang of the greek yogurt.

Optional (I skipped this step):
Whisk 1 T olive oil and 1 T. pomegranate juice in a bowl and drizzle over the top of the dip. Serve with crackers, pitas, or crudites.

No comments:

Post a Comment