Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baked Couscous with Tomato and Spinach Pesto-Thanks Carrie!

My wonderful sister-in-law, Carrie, gave me this recipe and it was delicious! I think I took the idea of "Pesto" to heart and used my food processor so you may not have to chop it that much, but it was still delicious. This is one of those meals that makes you feel good after eating it. You feel full, but a good full! It is super easy to make too! The picture doesn't look appetizing, but I promise it tastes good! I only used 4 roma tomatoes because that is all we had on hand....Enjoy!




Baked couscous with tomato and spinach pesto
10 roma tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons thyme leaves
2 tbspns olive oil
sea salt and cracked black pepper
1.5 cups couscous (I cooked it in the chicken stock)
1.5 cups chicken stock

Spinach Pesto
1.5 cups baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 tbspns lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
sea salt/cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 F. For the spinach pesto, place the spinach, pine nuts, parmesan, lemon juice, oil, S&P in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside. Place the tomatoes, thyme, oil, S&P in a baking dish and toss to combine. Roast for 20 minutes. Add the couscous and pour over the stock. Cover with foil and cook for a further 10 minutes. Top with spinach pesto to serve. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment