Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hungarian Goulash-A Childhood Favorite for Pat!

My husband has started to take a liking to my blog and my love for cooking and trying new recipes. Lately I have found my inbox filled with recipes sent from "hungry, hungry husband." It is nice because that leaves less searching for me and I know I'll have a happy husband at dinnertime!  This recipe is one that his mom used to make for him, so when we were home over Christmas break, I typed up a bunch of his mom's recipes for not only this blog, but also for his sisters so they too can recreate their childhood favorites from mom! Thanks Patti! Please Note, this recipe needs to be made the night before or in the morning before work so it can cook all day in a crockpot.


Hungarian Goulash
2 lbs. stew meat 1 inch cubes
1 large onion, sliced
1 glove garlic minced
½ cup. Catsup
2 tbs. Worcestershire
1 tbs. brown sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
½ tsp dry mustard
1 cup water
¼ cup flour

1. Place meat in cooker. Cover with sliced onions.
2. Combine garlic, catsup, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, paprika, and mustard.
3. Stir in water. Pour over meat.
4. Cover and cook on low 9-10 hours.
5. Turn control to high.
6. Dissolve flour in cold water, stir into meat mixture
7. Cook 10-15 minutes until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment