Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sinful Sandwiches!

Happy New Year! It is official, I must stick to this blog in the new year, I got started early, but hopefully that won't deter me from keeping up with it. I know come Monday when I am met with my 14 spirited third graders, I might not be as excited about my idea to blog and find new recipes, but I am excited for the challenge!

These sandwiches are sinfully delicious! You can't have just one and it always seems like 24 isn't enough, as they are gone before you know it! A special thanks to my coworker Jeanne for sharing this recipe! I made these to bring to a New Years Party, it is a great thing to bring to a potluck.

Makes 24 sandwiches

2 dozen dollar buns sliced
2 lbs. meat (any kind, I use turkey)
24 slices of cheese (cut into 4 small squares)- I use cheddar, but muenster and pepper jack is also delicious!

Prepare the above ingredients in a 13X9 pan. I end up using two pans and putting 12 sandwiches in each, assemble them like a meat and cheese sandwich in the pans.

Sauce:
2 sticks of butter
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
2 Tbsp. mustard
2-3 Tbsp. poppy seeds

Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Let cool and pour over sandwiches (2-24 hours before baking).

Bake covered at 325 for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment