Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken in the Crockpot- Weight Watchers Recipe!

My husband makes fun of me because I love Thai and Chinese food, but whenever we go out to those restaurants I order the same thing: Sweet and Sour Chicken. Why change it up if you know when you get that you'll love it? So I went searching on the internet for a good sweet and sour recipe that we would both love. He is a fan of curry, so when I found this Weight Watchers Sweet and Sour Chicken Curry recipe I knew it was meant to be, especially when I saw that I could make it in my beloved crockpot! It is only 6 points on the Weight Watchers diet; however, I added pineapple and served it over rice, so I am pretty sure my recipe is much higher in points!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Curry
Adapted from Weight Watchers.com
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1 inch slices
1 large green pepper ( I used 2)
1 large Vandila onion
1-14.5 oz stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup mango chutney
1/4 cup water
2 tbls. cornstarch
1.5 tsp. curry powder
** I also added pineapple slices and served this over rice**

1. Place cut up chicken breasts into a crockpot, add the green pepper, onion, and top with stewed tomatoes.

2. Mix the chutney, water, cornstarch, and curry powder together in a bowl on the side. Once it is throughly mixed, pour over the top of the ingredients in the crockpot.

3. Let it cook on low for 4.5 hours in your crockpot. I made mine the night before and let it cook for 10 hours and then on warm until I got home from work and was ready for dinner; however, it did not need to cook that long, so I'd say if you can do it in like 5-6 hours you will be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment