Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Greek Burger and a Greek Salad on the Side

My husband and I used to have a slight obsession with the Park Tavern's Mediterranean burger, theirs has sour cream and other ingredients, but we decided to try and make our own version and it turned out great! I know we didn't have as many ingredients as they put on theirs, but I must say it was tasty! Normally we will take the ingredients and put them in the food processor with the ground beef and make it all blended together, but we had burger patties from Omaha Steaks, thanks Patti, so we decided  to try it this way, I must say, I really liked it. Unlike our other attempts, the burger stayed in one piece and the same bold flavor was there. We ran out of banana peppers, otherwise I would have put more on top for extra flavor. I also made a greek salad to accompany our burger, you can never go wrong with a greek salad. I know the ingredients, but always end up trying a different recipe for the dressing and found this recipe at Janet is Hungry's blog, I enjoyed her recipe for the dressing, it was delicious!


Greek Burger 
Loosely based off the Mediterranean  burger from the Park Tavern
Burger Patties
Feta cheese
kalamata olives
Banana Peppers
Italian seasoning
**Put all of these ingredients into a food processor and grind up until it is a paste. Then spread over your burgers, yum!
Greek Salad
Adapted from Janet is Hungry
1 large head Romaine Lettuce
1/2 half red onion, sliced
1 English Cucumber, sliced
1 cup Kalamata olives
1 cup Greek Feta, crumbled

**I added chopped tomatoes as well for extra taste and a dash or two of dill.**

Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
freshly ground pepper

1. Place lettuce in a large bowl.

2. Mix dressing ingredients in a bottle and give it a good shake.

3. Toss lettuce with about 1/2 the dressing.

4. Place remaining salad ingredients on top of lettuce, and drizzle with some more dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment