Saturday, January 9, 2010

What's for Dinner this Week?

At the request of my sister, I decided to post my meals for the week, as well as my grocery list. Below you'll find the ingredients for everything I am making this week, most of the ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, so no need to get extra. I wanted to put everything down so you are prepared for the meals this week. Monday-Wednesday's recipes are new to me, I am anxious to try them out! The taco salad and calzones are favorites that we make often at our house and always have the ingredients on hand for. Although I am only cooking for two, my husband and I, I like to make enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day.

Monday: Turkey and cranberry ravioli
Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash Marinara (Weight Watchers)
Wednesday: Hungarian Goulash
Thursday: Taco Salad
Friday: Calzones (ingredients in italics are for calzones, you can add whatever ingredients you’d like)
Saturday: Leftovers (we will be at a friend's cabin, so we will have different meals up there)

I will be making a white chicken chili at some point this weekend for the cabin weekend and will blog about that recipe when we get back, it is delicious and can be made in the crockpot, even better!

Grocery List
1 lb. ground turkey
1 can whole-berry cranberry sauce
Freshly grated Romano
Bread crumbs
Fresh flat leaf parsley
Eggs
Wonton wrappers
Butter
4 Shallots
flour
3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
heavy cream
1 medium raw spaghetti squash, (about 2 1/2 lb)
1 small onion(s), chopped
garlic
14 1/2 oz canned stewed tomatoes
Italian seasoning
grated Parmesan cheese
2 lbs. stew meat 1 inch cubes
1 large onion
Catsup
Worcestershire
brown sugar
paprika
dry mustard
Egg Noodles
ground turkey or beef
Black beans
Lettuce
Cheese
Sour cream
Salsa
active dry yeast
tomato paste
artichokes
black olives
mozzarella cheese
pepperoni or sausage

No comments:

Post a Comment