Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oatmeal, Yogurt, Chocolate Chip Muffins!

On the weekend, I have gotten into the habit of making blueberry pancakes and smoothies for breakfast; however, we had that yesterday and I wanted to try something new. I wanted to make some sort of oatmeal muffin and use up ingredients that are in our fridge that we need to use before we go to my cousin's wedding this week/weekend. So I went to my trusty friend, google.com, and searched for oatmeal yogurt muffins and found a good recipe, but I made a few changes. This recipe calls for pecans, dates, and raisins, but I just used the raisins and added chocolate chips. I also used yogurt instead of sour cream and they were delicious! The best part about these muffins is that you will more than likely have all of the ingredients on hand in your pantry! I suggest you give them a try. I also used this one large muffin pan and two small 12 muffin pans to make these.


Oatmeal, Yogurt, Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from Cooks.com
2 c. oatmeal 
2 c. sour cream (or plain yogurt)- I used Vanilla Yogurt
2/3 c. melted butter
4 eggs
2 c. brown sugar
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Combine oatmeal and yogurt (or sour cream). Stir in melted butter, then eggs and brown sugar. Mix together dry ingredients and stir in. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins.

 2. Bake 375 degrees, paper lined or greased muffin tins, 20-25 minutes. Makes approximately 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment