Sunday, January 17, 2010

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Homemade Sauce-Yum!

My husband was nice enough to make me lunch today, on commercial breaks of the Vikings game of course! We bought premade butternut squash ravioli at the grocery store awhile ago and had it in the freezer to make for a meal one night. However, we didn't know what kind of sauce to use with it, we thought about using olive oil, but my husband wanted something with more flavor. Thankfully he did, because he came up with an amazing combination that was delicious! He searched online, got a few ideas, and then improvised the rest. I don't have exact measurements for the sauce, when I asked him he said, "A little bit of this, a little bit of that." I am a complete dork and when he handed me my plate, I smelled it and tried to guess what was in it, and surprisingly I got all of the ingredients right! I think I am ready for Top Chef now, only kidding, but I can always dream. The picture does not do this justice, I was ready to dig in and eat it right away since it smelled so good and then realized I should take a picture for the blog!

Sauce Ingredients:
Heavy Cream
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Salt
Pepper
Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment