Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cheeseburger Meatloaf-Yum-o Rachel Ray!

I had to make something delicious and a real "guy meal" for the Vikings game today, so I decided on our favorite, Rachel Ray's Cheeseburger Meatloaf. I normally don't love meatloaf, but this is one that I will eat, and eat again the next day for lunch. It is super easy and tastes just like a yummy cheeseburger. I normally serve it with mash potatoes with truffle oil, but we didn't have any potatoes and since we are going to be at my cousin's wedding and I didn't want to buy groceries for this week. The picture doesn't do this dish justice, but I promise it is delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
  • 1 red onion, finely chopped
  • 2/3 cup ketchup
  • 2/3 cup bread crumbs
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup bread-and-butter pickles, chopped
  • 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, bread crumbs, eggs and pickles; mix in the onion. Crumble in the beef, add the cheese and mix together. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 4-by-12-inch loaf. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°, about 35 minutes. 
  3. Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment